Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My childhood

I grew up in Goyang dong. My brother, friends and I used to play many things together. I spent most of the time with nature. In summer I went to the mountains behind my house. There were many kind of trees and wild flowers. We picked strawberies and swum in the stream when it was hot.

I lived in a 2 story apartment. There was a gate to the rooftop on the second floor. I laid a rush mat on the rooftop and did homework with friends.When we got bored, we looked at the clouds in the sky and talked about how they looked. Sometimes they looked like elephants or human faces.

I often went to grandmother's house with my brother. There were many beautiful flowers in the garden. My grandmother picked the balsams and dyed my finger nails a red color.
She was a great cook. All the foods that she cooked were delicious. We ate yummy lunches there.

In winther we went to ice skate in the morning and we came back home at lunch. When there was snow we made a snowman and had a snow fight. When we became bord we went up the hills and slid down with a sled.

The place where I lived changed. Now there are many modern apartments but the mountains I climbed are still there. It's more luxurious than when I was young
Memories of childhood is always fun. What are those friends in my childhood doing now? I miss them.

5 comments:

  1. I remember We accomplish with our first lover When you see the fist snow If your dyed finger nails stil being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy & Ellen always want to snows and play with it. May be one day we go to Korea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice memories!! Our hometown doesn't have much snow. Your place is much much colder I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your childhood, it was amusing. I never see snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Misook had great childhood! I like playing with snow as well.

    ReplyDelete