Tuesday, December 15, 2009


A Korean recipe - Kimchi

This is a recipe for Kimchi.
For this food, you need these ingredients:

1 head of cabbage
1,500ml of salted water
1 cup of red chili pepper
4 tablespoons of garlic and sugar
1 tablespoons of ginger
1/4 cup of fish paste
4 tablespoons of sticky rice paste
1/4 of a radish
1 cup of green onions


You make it like this


First,cut the cabbsge into half, prepare salted water
and put the cabbage in it for 5 - 6 hours.
Then, rinse the cabbages and wait for them to dry.
Next, cut green onions and radishes into lengths of 5cm
and chop the garlic and ginger.
After that, prepare fish paste, red chili pepper, sugar
and sticky rice paste.
Then, mix all.
Finally, put the mixture inside of each leaf
and then store in a Kimchi pot.

3 comments:

  1. I love Kimuchi a lot, and very healthy food. But it takes long time to make them! Home made Kimuchi mast be very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimchi! it takes a long time to make.
    I remember that every winter my mother prepared 80~100 cabbages. Next day, a few ladys came to my house and they started to make kimchi early in the morning. After school I came back home, they still worn the apron. Nearly at sun set finally they were finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Kimchi very much, still remembered Korean lady called Mira in Saudi Arabia gave me some Kimchi. After that I like to visit her more often!!!

    ReplyDelete